Tuesday, August 24, 2010

You Amaze Me!!

I have a friend named Sajatey who is a true American Indian princess; no lie. Her dad was a chief  (an amazing man I might add) so that makes her a princess. And  although she doesn't walk around in moccasins and sport feathers in her hair, carrying a sign that says, "We were here first," she does have that special, stoic Indian nature.

I think of her a little like a tootsie pop; all smooth and shiny on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. Ha  - maybe I'll nickname her Tootsie.  She is the kind of lady who walks into a room, smiles sweetly and finds a peaceful place to sit and observe before jumping into a conversation. I, on the other hand, usually barge in talking and laughing, hugging, patting people and generally causing a disruption, often to my own dismay. Anyway, she is an amazing lady with talents and giftings that constantly blow me away. I learn much from her in many ways. She has been my mentor in movie making, scrapbooking, writing, you name it, she can do it.

Now, get this, in an email yesterday she said to me, "You amaze me!"  OMG.. I immediately wrote her back to ask it she meant that in a good way or in that, "Oh, no, you didn't really do that in public," way. But she assured me she meant it in a good way.

Sooooo...I'm going to just bask in that for a while. I am not sure I've ever amazed anyone before in a good way. Really. What is also amazing  is how much that little message meant to me.


                 Amazing...hummm.. me??

                                                     ....maybe I should get  a cape.

                                           Yeah... a red one...

                                     and just a very small tiara.                 


Amazing Me. . . woah!!


A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.  Pr. 25:11

No comments: