Monday, August 23, 2010

Is That A Nikon You're Using?

Cameras attract people. Whether its in front of it or working behind the lens, people notice cameras. This weekend was no exception as I took photos of my granddaughter's softball game.

Normally because the fence is too high to get a good shot, I, along with the other photographers, must place my lens right at the fence and shoot through that tiny opening. This time the gate was missing! Yea!!! I was able to step right up and get great shots. After a couple of innings a mom from the other team joined me and we shared the spot.

Funny thing happens when two women meet up with a camera. We talk. We connect. At one point she mentioned doing a slide show for the team and of course I asked about what music she uses. I got the standard, "Oh, no, that's too difficult for me."

By the time we parted she had the name of my favorite program, ProShow Producer, by Photodex, and was committed to making videos with transitions and music.

The two of us had little in common. First of all, she uses a Canon and I'm a die-hard Nikon, she was a mom and I'm a grandma. She was cute and slim and I was.... well, I was me. lol 

The point is, life is filled with opportunities to connect with new people. A total stranger can brighten my day and hopefully me theirs. I will probably never see this young lady again but I enjoyed a morning of sharing tips and ideas and watching our girls battle each other on the ball field.

We both walked away a little more comfortable with our photography, having encouraged each other to step up to the plate and do what we love - record the memories of our lives for others to enjoy. And yes, I'll enjoy mine just a little better since we walked away with a big win!  :-)


No comments: