Monday, August 16, 2010

Is It Time?


Are your old photographs, videos, letters, parts of your family history stored in closets; somewhere on a top shelf where no one ever looks? For years I talked about doing something with my photos but it was such an overwhelming job I never got around to it. Then, the family reunion came up and I knew it was a perfect opportunity, so I promised to make a movie before I had time to back out. Once I was committed the adventure began.

The little video posted here isn't the one I made for the family - oh no, that one was 45 minutes long! HOURS of fun working on that baby. This one is a short movie that will  hopefully encourage you to dig out your own photos and put them on the big screen for any and all to appreciate. Be prepared to laugh, cry, tweak and retweak before you have it ready to present to your family; the journey is definitely fulfilling and well worth the effort.

And hey, if you aren't interested in the old photos down in the basement, no problem, using your new digital files is even easier. Drag and drop; add a few transitions; insert your favorite music and it's ready to burn. Children especially love watching themselves on T.V. - well, actually, don't we all? And vacation photos are no longer boring when combined with music, a few texts, and some snappy transitions. When completed its easy to pop a DVD in the player and enjoy your time away all over again. Mail them to family and friends or simply upload the video to You Tube.

OK -so I realize this sounds like an ad for the movie programs, forgive me. It doesn't matter which program you use. What matters is that you record your seasons and memories. Leave an imprint from your time here on this earth. Go ahead, express yourself, no one is watching...or are they?




No comments: