Friday, August 27, 2010

Mama Bear

We moms cannot help but see our children and grandchildren through the eye of Mamma's Heart.  A.K.A: The Mama Bear within.

Admit it - if your child (or grandchild)  has ever played any kind of organized sport you have encountered The Bear  at some point. It lives within us like a plague just waiting to surface. One would think that by now I would have slaughtered that Little League Monster Mom that lies deep within, but she still appears unannounced at the most inopportune times.

It doesn't matter the sport, the child or grandchild, it's the competition that brings it out. And the fact that sometimes not everyone notices that my family member is the best on the field. Whatever field that is.

But, I must say, I have reached the point that I can smile and nod, cheer and clap and keep my opinions to myself...most of the time. The season is here - take the field - bring it on - mamma's ready....

                                              and so is the Bear.

Note to Self:  Check out earlier blog about kind words...must read that again.  :-)

No comments: