Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Love Story - In Case I Never Told You

The first time I saw him, I was a bit put off by his cockiness.

The next few times I came across him, I had the same reaction; however I could not help but notice his obvious enjoyment in working with the boys. His coaching skills and his camaraderie with the young men was commendable. Still, he was a bit cocky.

Then one evening several years later I was sitting in the stands talking with a girlfriend when he came along to talk to "her." Hummm..ok, fine. I was watching the game anyway. At one point he made a comment that made me look around her to reply. And, in that moment, in the cold night air of an October evening, I saw his sparkling blue eyes, curly hair falling ever so easily on his forehead and WHAM! It was all over.

A few nights later we had our first date at the Steak & Ale Steak House. We danced in front of the fireplace and the fact that no one else in the restaurant was dancing made it even more romantic.

That was twenty-seven years ago and although the black curls have gone away, his sparkling blue eyes, strong arms and gentle manner still make me feel warm and loved. I still catch my breath at times when he first comes into the room. And yes, the cockiness has subsided .... somewhat.

I thank my Heavenly Father for a second chance at love and at life. He must really love me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww, I loved reading this. You are both amazing people, but together, you're amazingly awesome and such an inspiration to everyone who is fortunate enough to know you. I love you both dearly! xxx