Saturday, July 2, 2011

Watermelon & Bakeshop Betty


We spent the morning wandering around Newnan town square checking out the various vendors; enjoying the music and overall having a great time. We inspected every food offering available - some of them twice. Brought some home for later then ate them as soon as we got here. One thing was missing though: no watermelon! What in the world??? It's July 4th!!

When I was a little girl, it was a hard and fast rule: no watermelon before the 4th of July. Did anyone else have to wait like that? Perhaps it is still in force ...after all, there was no watermelon available today.  For a while they held a watermelon tasting day at the State Farmer's Market every July 4th. I guess it was a sort of official opening of watermelon season.  I suppose I need to relax, after all, it is only July 2nd. Meanwhile, I hope you like the photos - we have some very interesting people and places around Newnan.                                                


                                                                                                  This lady was great on the bass fiddle.




I LOVE this pic! Cool, huh?


Uhhhh.look who's tasting the sweets...and not his only stop either.

Bakeshop Betty (aka Christi Polk) was not only adorable in her checkered shirt, but her cupcakes were delicious!  (http://www.bakeshopbetty.com/) I think you should check it out because she is such a nice person, has good prices, 
and because although I'm no food critic, I do LOVE me a good cupcake and to me hers were wonderful!  AND she delivers.  


Don't you just like this guy?


A little pickin' and grinnin' from downtown Newnan to enjoy while you are waiting for the melon...




All photos were taken with my Nikon D80 ...I love my camera.  I am attempting to learn how to use it on manual settings - these didn't come out bad, huh? The videos were taken with my new and awesome IPhone!!

No comments: