Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Family Cookbook

Mama Sosebee's blackberry cobbler; mom's chicken and dressing, Grandma's fried pies, Dad's cracker salad, the chicken and rice, the cookies, the chocolate cake and OH - the coconut cake! If your family is like ours, it doesn't take long when we are together to start reminiscing about the food we have enjoyed over the years.

Family gatherings and good food - its impossible to separate the two. And who would want to??

Last year I embarked on yet another project:  putting together a Family Cookbook. My idea was to take recipes, photos, family stories, short bios of the women in our family, create the pages in my digital scrapbook program,  and put it all together in a nice binder. Each lady in our family would receive a copy and as each guy married, his new wife would also receive one.


Good idea, huh? I thought so. At least I did when I started it over a year ago. Somehow, it keeps getting pushed to the back burner for more interesting, uhhh.... easier projects. Umm..like BeJeweled or Scrabble...

So, now here I am - almost two years later and I am posting this to make me accountable to someone. Accountability - not my favorite idea, but one that has proved important in my life. I would like to say I'm the kind of person who works and makes my own deadlines and never lets up til the job is done. Unfortunately, I'm more the fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of person. When the mood hits I'm there without breaking but when the flow lifts its over for a while.









Here are a few of my pages - just to get my mind moving in that direction again. Work with me here people - I need encouragement. I can do this...  I think I can...I think I can....I think I can....






























Families are God's design - food is His provision - putting the two together is one of life's most wonderful blessings!

More later, "Livin' in the Season'

No comments: