Monday, July 25, 2011

It Gets Sweeter



'This weekend I had the honor of joining in the celebration for Uncle Junior's 90th birthday. He is actually Royce's uncle, but I claim him too. I think he's OK with that. If you are part of the Body of Christ you can claim him too. He is your brother in Christ, a father in the faith and a beautiful example of what life looks like for someone who has walked with God for more years than I have been alive.

When I look at the video posted above, I see on his and Aunt Ruth's faces the same love and yearning I feel inside; that longing just to see His face. Age doesn't matter when it comes to loving Jesus, but witnessing those who have held on for many years without wavering, without turning back or letting go humbles me and excites me all at the same time. Have no doubt, there are many Christians tucked away at different places on this earth that have not turned aside nor backed down; men and women who still stand for God's principles without compromise. The Body of Christ is alive and well and the Generals are at their post.

Thank you, Jesus for this amazing couple and all they have meant to so many of us over the years. May their lives continue to flourish under your loving hand.








No comments: