Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Time To Reflect?


Most of the blogs I follow are uplifting and funny with interesting little tidbits from someones day. I love reading them; it makes me feel connected somehow. I would like to write funny, uplifting blogs about my day too. But, apparently, my life isn't funny, uplifting and interesting.  It seems all my posts turn out serious and nostalgic.

I try to be light in my postings, but perhaps I've become a little more serious in my present "season." And a little more nostalgic. So - I am not sure what to tell you except that maybe, just maybe, there's a place in this fast paced, funny world for some old time serenity, and peace. Is it possibly good to slow down a bit and take stock of our lives and remember where we came from?

 SEE??? There I go getting serious again. OMG!

I promise you; I am not becoming that old lady who sits around thinking on yesterday - really I'm not. I am however, thankful for every season of my life and the place it's brought me to this day. I enjoy reading and listening to the day-to-day lives of younger women. It makes me reflect on my time as a young mother and the fact that not much has changed over the years. Babies still get sick; potty training is still a challenge; no one likes to spank their child; first day of school is traumatic; first day of college is worse. And on and on.

But here we all are together anyway:  loving our families, growing and learning in every season of our lives. We connect, we engage, we love, we fight, we forgive, and we keep moving forward.

 SOoooo, since this is all true: go take a picture! You'll love yourself next year!

No comments: