Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Yam What I Yam

Popeye used to say, "I yam what I yam."  If you don't remember Popeye, I'm sorry; he and Olive Oil were good folks. The fact that I readily recall them is evidence of my intent here. My last post was somewhat of an apology for where I am in life. Since then, I've done a little soul searching, and guess what? I've decided I actually like who I am and where I am in life. I admit to being somewhat different from most bloggers which of course makes my blog somewhat different.

So, I've decided to just be me. My view of life is, well, my view. My memories are colored with the gentleness that comes from years of telling them over and over.  My thoughts are random and my words reflect my age, but there it is, for all to see.

 I'm a grandma with fifteen lovely grandchildren. And yes, they sometimes tell me I have "issues." Yes I do, honey, yes I do! But that is alright with me, its taken years to develop those issues.  Having grandchildren is one of life's greatest blessings and knowing we love each other unconditionally gives us a wonderful freedom to be ourselves and to enjoy the love that spans the generation gap. Most folks think we older ladies are a little soft - hummm, perhaps we are. They make movies about us you know. Ever see "Arsenic and Old Lace?"  Great flick - you should check it out.

Seriously, life and our individual place in life, is something to be celebrated. The directions we take, both the good and the not so good, all work together to draw us closer to Him and His purpose for our lives. You are a precious individual just as I am. I learn from you and you from me. It's a beautiful thing called relationship.

Thank you Jesus, we are not all the same. How boring would that be?

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
I Corinthians 15:10 (a)

No comments: