Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Lazies


For years I worked a full time job and helped run a business while raising a family, keeping a home and running...always running. At this season of my life I have the luxury of relaxing on Saturday. No housework screams at me; no clothes demand washing; no taxi is needed to keep up with the many schedules of a busy home.

I suppose some people find it a bit daunting to have so much spare time. Perhaps some even feel a bit left out with no one tugging at their shirtsleeve, but me, I love it!! I paid my dues, I did my time, I loved it and the memories make my heart warm. BUT - this season of my life is peaceful, fulfilled and warm.

My hat tips to those of you still in the mainstream - I feel your pain. I also feel you joy! I hope you live to the fullest, hug your babies every day, sing a song just because you can and eat lots of chocolate! And in the midst of all your errands and duties, remember to thank the Lord that you have the energy and the wherewithal to live and love. 

And oh, do not, do not, forget to love yourself. You are God's precious gift to your family, your friends, and to the body of Christ! You are unique, one of a kind, and special made to order for your life. No one can ever take your place or fill your shoes!
And above all, know that you are loved.

No comments: