Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ping Pong Balls and Crochet Hooks!!!


My excitement for this week is my new laptop has been shipped! I use my laptop a lot; every day; sometimes hours a day. So, to have a new baby really makes me happy! The flip side is, I now must clean off and back up all the files, programs, photos, movies and articles on my now old laptop.

Which brings me to another thought. Just how many projects do I actually have going at the moment? Hummm.... four, no wait, five movies, a family cookbook, an afghan to crochet, a book in progress that I want to publish as an "E" book, a video of our testimony I want to edit, a photo trip being planned with some friends, and in the midst of it all preparing our house for selling.

My next question is, why do I do this to myself? Would it not be easier to finish one project before starting four more? Probably, but not nearly so interesting. My brain may very well have ping pong balls in it. I cannot seem to focus on one project for more than a few days before the balls start jumping around inside saying, "but wait! What about doing THIS? or maybe THAT? or heck, why not just quit and play BeJeweled a while!

Which is exactly why I am writing this blog - the balls are jumping after a few days of cleaning off and backing up files. They want excitement - fresh meat - new scenery.  Is this normal? Does anyone else have a million unfinished projects in various stages, just waiting for your attention?

Is there a spiritual principle here? I don't think so - I think its just those darn balls ... jumping, jumping, always jumping!!!!

No comments: