Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dig Baby Dig

The kingdom of Heaven is compared to a treasure; a hidden treasure that is found in a field, and then hidden again and then bought. Not only is the treasure bought, but also the entire field where it was hidden.

So, are we the treasure or is Jesus the treasure?

Yes.

Matt 13:44 .. The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.


You are a treasure;

I am a treasure;

Jesus is a treasure.

That's pretty awesome stuff for a Wednesday morning. Most of the devotionals I read based on that passage show Jesus as the treasure and mankind digging and finding Him and then he becomes our treasure so much so that we sell all we have to buy him.

It is true, I had been seeking and looking for several years before I 'discovered' Jesus and His amazing love. My life was a gigantic train wreck with no hope of survival before I looked up and surrendered. It took several more years before I surrendered everything to Him....well, in some ways I am still surrendering all to him. It seems to be a process here.

On the other hand, I believe that Jesus 'found' me in the field of the world and sold everything He had including his own life to buy me. He not only bought me and you, but the entire world. It is impossible to grasp that one drop of His blood can cure the ills and problems of this entire earth.

I believe that I am a treasure to Him. I believe that He found me, then hid himself and worked from that place of secrecy for several years before I even knew He was around. Otherwise I would never have wanted to search for Him. I would never have decided on my own to go looking for Jesus. That just was not in me.

And so, this morning I say to you:

You are a treasure! A beautiful treasure that God himself sold all to purchase. You are precious to Him and to the Father. Your value is beyond earthly words and He will do all in His unlimited power to keep you safe.

It is often called relationship, or salvation, or surrender .. but it is most definitely called Love!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 
John 3: 16-17

So, from one treasure to another:  Have a wonderful day and know that your price is high. Let your standards be likewise.

Lovin' the season and making memories.






No comments: