Saturday, November 19, 2011

God Meant It For Good

I saw the above caption on a photograph earlier and once again, the Lord, reminded me that He is in control. The good, the bad, the ugly - it all works together for our good, but I believe there are times when seemingly horrific things happen in our lives that are specifically meant for our good. The problem is, our view of  "bad" and His view of "bad" are usually very different.

Last month my dear niece had a horrible accident and went home to Heaven at only 51 years old. To me that is bad. But, to God, it probably looks a little different. In His view its a win-win situation. He wins because His daughter has come home. As parents we all understand the joy of seeing our child up close and personal after a long absence.

She wins because she can relax and enjoy life with no struggles or limitations. Hummm...Becky with no limitations is an awesome thought. She had so many talents and her ability to love was great even on this earth; I can only imagine what she is like up there.

And, I win because one more member of my family is waiting safely with Jesus for my own arrival. Today I choose to focus on the win of this situation. Today I choose to thank my Father for His faithfulness to me and to my family. Once again, I must admit that His will is perfect; even when it doesn't agree with mine.

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Gen 50:20

Only in eternity will we know fully what God accomplishes in each tragedy, but one thing is certain, He works it together to bring good if we are His.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Enjoy your first Christmas in Heaven, Becky. I can hear you singing with the angels.  How beautiful!








No comments: