Friday, November 18, 2011

Game Day

It's Friday -- that means its game day. Newnan is taking on Dacula in the second round of the state 5AAAAA playoffs. I am already getting those butterflies in my tummy and trying not to pray about winning a game but praying all the same. I believe Jesus is an avid football fan - just sayin' (sorry Cat).
I also believe He has a special fondness for the Newnan Cougars since so many of his children are involved.

Last Friday about this time I was already emailing back and forth with Becky about the game and our chances of upsetting Valdosta IN Valdosta. She was, along with so many other things, my football buddy on Fridays. I guess a lot of folks worked but she and I could talk it up, like we did that afternoon in the car on our way to the game. The last text I received from her about 10:15 that night was: "I heard it was a "W"...

Today I just want to say that Becky, you were and are a "W"..... I'm not sure you realized that but we did.  I know you would never want to come back here - Heaven has spoiled you now - so go ahead and enjoy it up there, but remember to check in about 10:00 tonight to see if we got another "W".  I love you baby girl.

No comments: