Saturday, November 6, 2010

Unexpected Gifts

Talking photography and all the ideas surrounding it  is one of my favorite pass times. This morning I had the privilege of sharing ideas, tips and projects with three fun, interesting ladies. Now, you need to understand, one of my visitors was a family member, but the other two I just met. Truthfully, I wasn't sure what to expect, but we had a great time. How could we not?

1. We were all females - conversation was NOT a problem.
2. We all had our cameras.
3. We all had Nikon cameras.
4. We all love taking pictures.
5. There was delicious food involved.

All in all it was a recipe for success. Once again, the Lord put people in my path that I wound never have expected and enriched my life with new friends. We all inspired each other and parted ready to move up a level in our photography.

One thing I love about photography friends is swapping photos with each other. I get to enjoy their family, their vacations and their creativity all through their photos. And movies! And scrapbooking, and on and on and on. It's a never ending  process - there is always another level. There are always new products on the market and new techniques to learn. It's good to stretch ourselves forward and at the same time reach out to help someone else to a new level.

Life is better when shared with others. Creativity sparks creativity and the success of another causes us to yearn for more from ourselves. Good relationships bring out the good in us and challenge us to keep learning and improving. Our God-given talents are precious gifts from our Father and I believe to use and improve them makes Him smile.

Yes, this morning was a sweet gift of time with some special ladies and hopefully the beginning of new friendships.

So we , being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Ro. 12:5

No comments: