Monday, November 29, 2010

Love Never Fails

O, Love that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in Thee
I give thee back the love I owe
That in thine oceans' depth its flow
Might richer, fuller be.

Perhaps you remember that old hymn; it always warms my heart with its truth. It seems the older I get and the longer I walk this Christian walk, the more I am aware of His unconditional, overwhelming, all-encompassing love. For God so loved He gave... Love never fails... God is love.

This walk of faith is of coursed based in love - not our love, but His. It comforts me beyond measure to understand that my love is not hanging out there on its own, but is under girded and enriched by His love. Well, thank goodness for that!!

I learned through tears and emotional sweat a few years back that my love is at best selfish and at its worst, non-existent. That was a  hard lesson for me since I had always assumed I was a loving person. And I am - but only because He loves through me. Only because He loves me so very much. So, today I guess that is all I want to say: God loves; God cares; God covers and surrounds us with His beautiful presence.

Thanksgiving is over and I did not take time to post this weekend so this is a late Thanksgiving post. I am thankful for many things including family, friends and health; but His love,  His love toward me, for that I am most thankful of all. Everything else rests on that.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family, friends and food, but most of all, I hope you know His love. It is a wonderful realization with which to begin the Christmas season.  After all, if He had not loved, He would not have given. And if He had not given, we would have nothing to celebrate.

For God so loved the world, He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  John 3:16


No comments: