Monday, September 21, 2015

Go To The Next Pitch


For several years, my son was a baseball coach. During that time, I attended many games - both as mother of the coach and grandma of the (world's greatest) second baseman. One of the cliches I heard the coaches use so often was "just go to the next pitch." Which meant, do not let your mistake slow you down, move on with the game and do what you know to do. I thought that was good advice for a sporting event but today I found a spiritual application for it.

Psalms 23 talks about when we walk through the valley of the shadow of death.

Isaiah 43:2 says, "when you pass through the waters I will be with you. And through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

Isaiah 43:16  "Thus says the Lord, who makes a way through the seas and a path through the mighty waters."

Are you seeing what I see? The key word is through.

God fights our battles as we keep walking.

In Isa 43:8 it says, "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past."

Keep moving forward. God is with you. He will help you.

Jesus said, "Lo, I am with you always. Even to the end of the earth."

That's all I got - sorry it isn't more eloquently written. But, the point is, God never intended for us to settle down in one season. He wants us to always keep moving.  Life is painful, sometimes even debilitating. We have good times and times that are not so good and God is with us every step of the way.

Sometimes moving forward is like walking through wet cement. It sticks to our feet and pulls us downward as we squish our way along. There are days when we really want to crawl back in bed and cover our head -- some days I do -- but there is the still small voice which says, "this is the way, walk ye in it."

And so we walk.... walk...  the next pitch is waiting for you.

Love y'all!




No comments: