Tuesday, December 13, 2011

God Meant It For Good

God meant it for good .... I saw this caption earlier on a photograph and once again the Lord reminded me that He is in control. The good, the bad, the ugly - - - it is true, He works it all together for our good.  I do believe though, there are times when "bad" things are specifically meant to bring good to us. The problem is, our bad and His bad usually look different. But because He loves us so much, He understands and hurts with us in our pain.

Last month, my lovely niece was injured in an accident and went to Heaven at only 51 years old. Now, to me that is bad. But to God maybe not so much. Perhaps He sees it as a win-win situation. He wins because his daughter that he loves so very much has come home. As parents we all understand how wonderful it is when one of our children returns after a long absence. To see them up close and personal and throw our arms around them fills our heart and mind with happiness.

Becky wins because she is safely home and has no struggles or limitations. Hummm...Becky with no limitations. Now that is an intriguing thought. She had so many talents and her ability to love on this earth was great; I can only imagine her up there.

And I win because one more member of my family is safely with Jesus and will be there to welcome me at my own home coming. And so, today I choose to focus on the win of this situation. Today I choose to thank my Father for His faithfulness to me and to my family. Once again I must admit that His will is perfect even when it doesn't agree with mine.

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Gen. 50:20

Only in eternity will we understand what the Lord accomplished in each tragedy in our lives. One thing is for certain, if we are His child, He is working and loving in every situation.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Enjoy your first Christmas in Heaven, Becky. I can almost hear you singing with the angels ... how beautiful!






No comments: