Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Three of Me Agree

Ten days til Christmas! Every year I say the same thing - how did it get here so quickly? Then the rest of the year I wonder why it takes so long to get here. The confusion comes from the child inside. You know, the one who cannot wait for Christmas morning. On the other hand, the "adult me" would like to have a bit more time to prepare. Of course the "grandma me" just loves it anytime and doesn't really worry about whether things are perfect or not. It'll be alright is her mantra.

Somehow all three of these ladies come together into one during this season and I enjoy every aspect of the  holidays. Snuggling in front of the fire with my Sweetie, shopping frantically for the perfect gift, eating tons of chocolate,  relaxing at Barnes and Noble with a peppermint mocha latte, and preparing for Christmas dinner with all the family. Family - that's it, isn't it? When family is together it doesn't matter the season, the occasion, the food (well, the food is always important) but family being together makes every part of me smile.

This year we probably won't be able to have everyone here at the same time. Those days are fewer and further between as the family grows and new spouses join us. At least we get to enjoy each one at some point. Today I am mindful of the reason our family is still intact. His name is Jesus and without Him none of us would be who we are or where we are. It's all about Him and that's one thing all three of "me" agree on.

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel ..which means "God with us."  Matt 1:22 & 23

No comments: