Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Who Was The Masked Man??



Thirty years ago I was a single mom with three children and a new found relationship with Jesus Christ. After much prayer, screaming, crying, surrender and soul searching, I had accepted that I would be single forever. Jesus fulfilled my every need, and I was completely in love with Him, but there was still this little nagging deep inside that longed for my soul mate here on this earth. It was something the Lord chose not to take away. I wondered why.

Then one day, I heard something. It was far off in the distance, very faint. Remember the old Western movies when they would put their ear to the ground and then stand up and say, "one rider on a fast horse." It was kinda like that. I passed it off and went about my day.

A few days later I heard it again, only stronger, closer. After that I would be working away or just sitting and thinking and there would be this flash of something white. It always passed so quickly I could not tell what it was, much less describe it. The sightings and the hoof beats grew closer and I saw them and heard them more and more often. One day I was able to distinguish a cape; another day I saw a sword; later there was the glimpse of a beautiful steed tossing his mane in the air.

By now, I was enthralled with the mystery heading my way. Could it be? Could it POSSIBLY be? But no, I had told the Lord I only wanted Him and that I would stay single for Him forever. But now this. What exactly was this? Every day it grew closer and closer. Then one day, I heard the Lord say, "unencumber yourself."  I knew I was making room for something or someone new in my life.

Late in December the sightings had become daily and the sound of the hoof beats thunderous. Then early one morning in late December the phone rang.

"Hey Booger. Can I come go to church with you?" It was my old flame, Royce.

And the rest, as they say, is history. My knight in shining armor had arrived!

My dear Royce, you rescued me, covered me, loved me, paid my bills, held me close and loved my children. It's been an amazing ride - the best of my life! I know the Lord sent you to me and for that I am forever grateful. He knew just who I needed.

Happy Anniversary Dear!




No comments: